The Bachelor in Elementary Education Program is structured to meet the needs of professional teachers for elementary schools in the Philippines (Republic Act No. 7722 Art. 3 Sec.4).
This program aims to develop elementary school teachers who can teach across the different learning areas in grade school. Through the program, the student will be exposed to the foundation of education, theories, principles, methods, strategies, and approaches in teaching.
- Equip students with the knowledge, skills and values that are essential in effective teaching in the elementary level.
- Enable the students to pass government examinations particularly the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET). Such is equivalent to the Civil Service Professional Eligibility.
- Produce quality faculty in the elementary level.
MODE OF INSTRUCTION
A student enrolled in the program will be given a learning package (Modules) to read and to work on. He/she can choose any of the three modes of learning.
- Group Paced Learning. Students follow a fixed class schedule at least once to twice a month on Saturdays to meet their tutors for discussion, seminars, symposia, and/or conferences to enrich their learning experience. Students are expected to submit written assignments, and sit in supervised examinations at the University.
- Self-Paced or Individualized. A student is provided with his/her own tutor and a class schedule. Modules, independent researches and other instructional materials are laid down by the tutors who help the student enhance his/her knowledge, skills and attitudes. The student is required to visit the University as scheduled.
- Online Learning. A student is provided with his/her own tutor online and a class schedule. Tutors utilize an open source learning management system (LMS) as virtual classroom and other communication tools available today. The student may process his/her requirements and exams via online.