This is a post-baccalaureate program intended for students who aspire to set up their own business, and thus, create employment for themselves and others.
It covers subjects related to identifying, organizing, starting and managing a small business enterprise, as well as the development of attitudes, knowledge, and skills critical to the success of a small business enterprise.
- To produce independent entrepreneurs who are fully aware of their responsibility in the field of business.
- To be responsive to technological, economic and socio-economic condition and development, changing consumer needs to better and prepare them for an entrepreneurial career.
Graduate of any degree course may enroll in this program.
MODE OF INSTRUCTION
A student enrolled in the program will be given a learning package (Modules) to read and to work on. He/she can choose any of the three modes of learning.
- Group Paced Learning. Students follow a fixed class schedule at least once to twice a month on Saturdays to meet their tutors for discussion, seminars, symposia, and/or conferences to enrich their learning experience. Students are expected to submit written assignments, and sit in supervised examinations at the University.
- Self-Paced or Individualized. A student is provided with his/her own tutor and a class schedule. Modules, independent researches and other instructional materials are laid down by the tutors who help the student enhance his/her knowledge, skills and attitudes. The student is required to visit the University as scheduled.
- Online Learning. A student is provided with his/her own tutor online and a class schedule. Tutors utilize an open source learning management system (LMS) as virtual classroom and other communication tools available today. The student may process his/her requirements and exams via online.