Major in LEA
Law Enforcement Administration (LEA) through Distance Education is a graduate program designed to assist the policemen, military personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), and other law enforcement personnel to upgrade themselves in their career development. According to RA 8551 and Civil Service Rules and Regulations, one basis of promotion in the PNP and other military personnel is the attainment of a higher degree of education.
A ladder type curriculum is followed in this program, enabling the student to get first a Diploma in Law Enforcement Administration and eventually a Master in Development Administration-Major in Law Enforcement Administration.
- Enhance the development of the police force, military personnel of the AFP, and other law enforcement personnel.
- Provide continuing educational opportunities (through distance education) for policemen, military personnel, and law enforcement personnel who cannot leave their work for full time studies.
- Conduct a program for professionalization of policemen, military personnel, and law enforcement personnel to make them more efficient, competent, and committed in their role of maintaining peace and order and public safety.
Personnel of the Philippine National Police, the Armed Forces of the Philippines (Army, Air Force, Navy), Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, Bureau of Fire Protection, National Bureau of Investigation, Security Agencies, etc.
MODE OF INSTRUCTION
A student enrolled in the program will be given a learning package (Modules) to read and to work on. He/she can choose any of the three modes of learning.
- Group Paced Learning. Students follow a fixed class schedule at least once to twice a month on Saturdays to meet their tutors for discussion, seminars, symposia, and/or conferences to enrich their learning experience. Students are expected to submit written assignments, and sit in supervised examinations at the University.
- Self-Paced or Individualized. A student is provided with his/her own tutor and a class schedule. Modules, independent researches and other instructional materials are laid down by the tutors who help the student enhance his/her knowledge, skills and attitudes. The student is required to visit the University as scheduled.
- Online Learning. A student is provided with his/her own tutor online and a class schedule. Tutors utilize an open source learning management system (LMS) as virtual classroom and other communication tools available today. The student may process his/her requirements and exams via online.